Homepage Forums General Discussion Refilling prescriptions

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Roxane Took
    Participant

I hope you all are enjoying the holiday season! I just had a question if you were practicing how to refill prescriptions with your students using MyDispense. We practice this skill with students but it’s a very cumbersome process for the faculty member to set up and for the student to refill. We create a dispensing record for the refill history. The patient then presents with their name and address and requests a refill on his/her medication. The student has to go into the patient history, then type a new prescription based on the refill history (the student has to decrease the “refills” by 1 fill).

I tried to search through the user guide but didn’t see anything about how to practice refilling prescriptions. Is this process really best way to practice this or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Roxane

Sarah Vordenberg
    Keymaster

Hi Roxane,

I am so sorry. I didn’t receive a notification about this post and therefore didn’t see your question until I happened upon it today. I will be more diligent about monitoring the site in the future!

To the best of my knowledge, there is no specific process in place to allow students to practice refilling prescriptions. In my classes, I include the medication in the medication history section, if appropriate. However, students always fill new prescriptions. I also found it to be very cumbersome to do a work around for students to actually practice refilling medications.

Sarah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.