Homepage Forums General Discussion OTC Exercises

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

We are just getting started with MyDispense at my institution. I am wanting to create tutorial for my students to practice what we are learning in class. I have made some tutorials, but I’m not sure how the assessment features and feedback features interplay.

I plan to just give students credit for completing the exercise. If they complete it, they get all their points. But I’d also like to see their progress and what they submitted/selected for the answers. Is there a way to do this or do I need to use the assessment feature? If I use the assessment feature, will they still get the feedback that I set up in the advanced feature section? What I really want to happen is the following:
    –complete the activity as much as they want
    –get full credit for doing the activity
    –they can get feedback as soon as they finish
    –I get to see what they selected and how they answered the activity.

I’d appreciate any direction! Also, if it’s easier to do a call or a zoom, I’m open to that as well! Thanks!

Rachel Stafford, PharmD
    Assistant Professor
    University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy
    rastafford@uams.edu

Sarah Vordenberg
    Keymaster

Hi Rachel,

I am so sorry. I didn’t receive a notification about this post and therefore didn’t see your question until I happened upon it today. I will be more diligent about monitoring the site in the future!

Given you posted this a while ago, I’m guessing you may no longer need help. But if you do, please let me know!

Sarah

Yes, what I ended up doing is setting up an assignment in Blackboard and having students export their feedback to a PDF. Then they turned in the PDF in the assignment in Blackboard. It allowed me to see how they answered the case and allowed them to take it as many times as they wanted.

For anyone reading this later. I also recently discovered the CSV Data Export under the Actions dropdown for each exercise. This is another good way to see how students performed on each exercise.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.